Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Duchess: Trailer

I would like to thank Elyse who pointed out that there is now an official trailer out for The Duchess so I can now stop watching the teaser over and over again. Here it is to watch and then I'll go on with my barrage.


The Barrage:
1. I heard the Duke or Grey pronounce her name "George-anya," very nice.
2. Georgiana wanting Bess out? I don't think so!
3. Why the hell do we need all the Princess Di things in the beginning. It makes no sense whatsoever. Yes they are related and led "similar" lives but it's just really confusing for viewers. Plus it's not consistent. They suddenly disappear without explanation of why they were even there in the first place.
4. Bess seemed kind of cold to Georgie; let's go on the facts people, Bess was a sycophant!
5. Grey Grey Grey! Yadda yadda. I'm pretty sure he wasn't canvassing for Fox with her in 1784.
6. Kudos for them continuing to use actual quotes about Georgiana in the script and the Duke playing with his dogs.
7. I might just be developing a crush on Fiennes' version of the Duke...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, fantastic trailer. I haven't seen the film nor read the book... something I must put right!

    Fiennes seems to make people fall in love with his portrayals naturally.... he was wonderful as Heathcliffe too. :)

    ReplyDelete