Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Duchess Roundup

Apparently both Amanda Foreman and Kiera Knightly are just as upset at the confusing Diana references in the trailer as we were! The author says it's a "bad joke" The Telegraph, The Times

The lucky author of this article already saw the flick and promises both a hot-mess drunken scene from our duchess of partying (yay!) and...a spoiler I just deleted so you can read it for yourself. Not historically accurate per se, but enticing?. The Scotsman

Amanda Foreman found Georgiana to be a great mascot of twenty-something ladies when she was a twenty-something writing the book; but if she was writing the book now she says she would go the direction the film takes. Aww, but I love that version of her Grace! The Times

Georgiana and Bess burping at the dinner table? MTV UK

Let's hear from the director. The Independent

*UPDATE*

The Duchess.co.uk added new videos on the story, locations and costumes. Complete with lots of movie clips and interviews.

3 comments:

  1. I made a trip out to Chatsworth yesterday and they had a section that featured all things Georgiana. I thought you might be interested in my pictures: http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2006475&l=4f1a9&id=106800134

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am pea-green with envy!! Thank you, thank you so much for sharing! I visited Chatsworth after the release of P & P and they had one of Kiera's dresses on display and I could not get over how minuscule her dress was either.

    Do you mind if I link to your album in a future post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind at all! I'm just sorry that they didn't come out better. I didn't want to use flash and disturb the other people, especially as I was snapping photo's of everything! i think in the end I have six or seven albums on facebook. Chatsworth is my favourite tourist place in the UK!

    ReplyDelete